Social language mini groups for adults with Stacey Misko
You may find these skills challenging:
– making small talk
– knowing how much detail to provide in a story
– using eye contact
– taking turns in conversation
– knowing when someone is losing interest in what you are saying
– using or reading body language
This is the program for you!
You will learn to recognize your social strengths and work on the areas that are challenging for you.
You will start with a one-on-one meeting with a Speech-Language Pathologist to identify target areas.
The next 4 sessions are in a small group. This allows us to focus on the skills that are important to you. You can come with a friend or two, or we can match you with someone working on similar skills. We will explore how and why to communicate in the situations that are important to you – whether they’re at home, at work, at university, or in the community. We won’t just teach you techniques – you will get lots of opportunities for practice.
The final session will be an outing so that we can practice in a realistic setting!
5 weeks during the summer plus a final outing
$400 before group starts
or $220 before session 1 and $200 before session 4.
* The one-on-one session is $120 for new clients. We apply the $120 towards the group fee if you attend the group.
Check your insurance to see if Speech-Language Pathology services are covered.